Lectures in Decorative & Fine Arts by Nicholas Merchant
In addition to arranging our short breaks, we offer the following illustrated lectures on the Decorative and Fine Arts. I have experience in delivering these lectures all over the United Kingdom and Overseas as an accredited lecturer of the National Association of Decorative and Fine Arts.
On a number of occasions I have acted as GUEST LECTURER for some of the principal cruise lines. These talks are informative as well as entertaining, all last about one hour and are fully illustrated. Fees and travelling expenses are by negotiation.
- Private Palaces Of The Cote D’azur.
- The Country Houses Of Yorkshire.
The Great Collectors And Collections Of The 19th Century
- A Mania For Marble. The 18Th Century’s Obsession With Antique Sculpture.
- Green Vaults Of Dresden.
- Madame De Pompadour And The Porcelain Of Sevres.
- Linley, The Continuing Tradition Of English Cabinet Making.
- “My One Great Hobby”, The Collecting Interests Of Queen Mary
- The Crowning Of Kings – The Story Of The Coronation Over 1000 Years New.
- The Prince Regent And His Collecting Mania
- The Prince Regent And His Work At Windsor Castle New
- The Story Of Buckingham Palace New.
Gold & Jewels
- The Gold Box, The Must-Have Accessory Of The 18th Century.
- Faberge At The Court Of The Tsar.
- If You Want To Get Ahead… Get A Tiara!
- The Jewellery Of Rene Lalique New.
- Crown Jewels, Dynastic Diamonds New.
Russian & Baltic Subjects
- Palaces In And Around St Petersburg.
- The Collections Of Peter The Great And Catherine The Great.
- The Work Of Ilya Repin. The Greatest Of Russia’s 19th Century Painters.
- Queen Christina Of Sweden.
- The Hanseatic League, Its Influence On European Art And Architecture.
- The Treasures Of The Rosenborg.
- Rex Whistler: The Artist Who Went To War
Each illustrated lecture is timed to last for approximately 60 minutes.
A synopsis of each lecture available on request. All lectures are on power-point.
These talks and others may be heard at your local NADFAS meetings or in the course of our short breaks for collectors series.
These residential events take place throughout the year throughout the country.
Group Event Organisers
Group and Society organisers and event secretaries find our expertise invaluable in arranging study days, visits and courses.
We can ensure that the event is enjoyable and rewarding for all by taking much of the strain.
Aspect Events also deliver one-off special visits for sponsors requiring a high quality and interesting day out to which to invite existing clients and potential customers.
For further details please contact Nicholas Merchant on 01423 340017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org